When a problem occurs or when something is wrong we have traditionally been conditioned to find someone who is “in charge”, a final arbiter of decision making who will have all of the answers and know all of the right things to say and do.
If anything, that political approach that I just described is the lazy way of going about change, but actually working on solutions yourself is truly meaningful action .. Below is just a few ways that I have recently seen people solving problems in their community by themselves, without the government.
(1) Opt Out in Every Way Possible ..
(2) Be Your Own President ..
(3) Campaign for Philosophy ..
(4) Support or Start Mutual Aid Groups ..
(5) Support or Create Alternative Currency ..
(6) Support or Create a Community Garden ..
(7) Support or Create Alternative Media ..
(8) Act with Kindness and Compassion in Your Own Life ..