segunda-feira, outubro 22, 2012

do not vote (3)

No seguimento de do not vote (2), Why I Won’t Vote por James Altucher:
I don’t vote. I won’t vote. I have no political anti-establishment reason for not voting. I’m not an anarchist. I just don’t see why I should vote. A vote is a choice between two elaborate theatrical productions. It’s a choice between the aesthetics of Star Wars versus Indiana Jones. It’s a vote to see which artist more cleverly evokes our mythological and unconscious responses to the perilous world around us. We all die but “hope and change” properly demonstrated gives us a signal that our choices can help society live forever, that the small stain we leave behind has a chance of survival even after we are long dead.
In our modern age, the best way to make an impact on the world is to focus on our own internal health. Doing that has ramifications that will change the lives of everyone around you, and change the lives of the generation that will follow you. The true purpose of theater is to help the viewer find their own identity in the midst of a story that reaches from reality into mythology. Somewhere in the imaginary world created is our own steps towards uncovering our real identity.

Focusing on our own personal health is where leaders will be created and where the best decisions that affect the lives of those around us will be made. I vote for me.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário