How much would a libertarian society differ from the statist society in which we live? It would be radically different. Here are ten ways a libertarian society would be different:
- No more welfare-state programs ..
- No more income taxation and Internal Revenue Service ..
- No more drug war ..
- No more Federal Reserve System and government-issued, irredeemable paper money ..
- No more economic regulation ..
- No more gun control ..
- No more immigration controls ..
- No more trade restrictions ..
- No more state involvement in education ..
- No more national-security state, including a standing army, military-industrial complex, and CIA ..
Those ten libertarian principles would produce the most prosperous, peaceful, harmonious, safe, responsible, caring, compassionate, educated, healthy, and free society in history. That’s what a full embrace of liberty, freedom of choice, freedom of conscience, and the free market would bring.