quarta-feira, fevereiro 20, 2013

Salário mínimo e inteligência mínima

Aspirin por Don Boudreaux:
I protest the legislated minimum-wage because I have a visceral hostility to shabby economics.

Encountering arguments premised on the (typically unconscious) notion that most employers routinely sit on figurative piles of excess profits or returns that can be tapped into by government diktat (“Raise your workers’ wages!”) without any compensating adjustments or reactions by employers makes my head ache. Encountering otherwise respectable economists performing rococo theorizing in their attempts to explain why unskilled human labor is somehow exempt from the simple application of the law of demand makes my head ache.
Encountering claims that human welfare can be increased so easily and so surely by mere diktat makes my head ache.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário