domingo, abril 07, 2013

Manning (2)

No seguimento de Manning,

Bradley Manning and Freedom of the Press por Darryl W Perry:
Reading from a prepared statement, Manning said he was not pressured by WikiLeaks to release the information ..

Regarding the Collateral Murder video, Manning said the “most alarming part to me was the seemingly delightful blood-lust ” and that those in the video “seemed to not value human life by referring to them as ‘dead bastards.’”

Manning added, “I was disturbed by the response to injured children… I wanted the American public to know that not everyone in Iraq and Afghanistan was a target that needed to be engaged and neutralized.” He also said, “I believe that if the general public … had access to the information … this could spark a domestic debate as to the role of the military and foreign policy in general,” and “I felt I accomplished something that would allow me to have a clear conscience.”
You can find the recording here.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário