quinta-feira, outubro 03, 2013

as crianças pertencem ao Estado, e o dinheiro dos pais também

Am I a 'social leper’ for caring about my kids?:
My crime? Sending my children to private school, of course. I could have done the decent thing and used my earnings to help drive up property prices in a good state-school catchment area; or I could be splurging the same amount of dosh on an annual skiing holiday, a safari and a lease on that nice, chunky Range Rover I’ve always coveted.

But instead, miserable, selfish bastard that I am, I’ve chosen to squander my money on my children’s education. What kind of monster must I be? Well, in my modest opinion, a loving, caring sort of monster, actually. In fact, the way I see it, parents like me shouldn’t be treated like pariahs – or “social lepers” .. We should all be given medals in recognition of our stoicism, our courage and our self-sacrifice for the greater good of the nation.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário