The politicians of the world would like to offer anyone dead set on controlling an entire industry the chance to shine. So come one, come all — government agencies, cronies, and all their friends — as we present the five best ways to create a monopoly and to ensure you never have to compete again.
1. Regulations. When the cost of doing business is high, make it higher. Small firms can’t survive government imposed regulations ..
2. Subsidies. There’s no such thing as a free lunch. But, when the government is paying for it, the lunch sure does taste free ..
3. Nationalization. Shout out to government officials! This one’s for you. The easiest and most straightforward way to create a monopoly is to simply write the monopoly into law..
4. Tariffs. Neighbors can be annoying. Some are loud and others are strange, but the absolute worst neighbors are the ones who compete with you in the marketplace (and then win) ..
5. Intellectual property. If you have a good idea, why let anyone else have the same one? Take that idea, .. public officials will (hopefully) grant you the exclusive right to use it ..
sábado, novembro 02, 2013
Estatismo = Monopólios
Five Ways to Create a Monopoly por Brian LaSorsa: