1. They spend more time promoting dependency than they do encouraging self-reliance.
3. They think intentions matter far more than actual results.
4. They lump people into groups and assign them fictitious rights.
5. They learn little or nothing from history or economics.
6. They think emotions, slogans and bumper-stickers trump reason and logic.
7. Compassion is their favorite word even as they put a gun to your head.
8. They respect property if it's theirs, but not if it's yours.
10. Individuals are never among the minorities they say they support.
12. They think a welfare check is an entitlement, but a paycheck isn't.
13. When their policies flop, they assume no responsibility and demand more of the same.
14. They're always busy reforming you even if their own lives are dysfunctional.
15. They claim to know the future (e.g., which industry to subsidize) while showing no evidence they even understand the past.
16. They dislike business less because they have sound arguments against it and more because they have no idea how to start or run one themselves.
20. They appeal to the worst in us by emphasizing racial divisions, pitting class against class, and buying votes with other people's money.
sexta-feira, fevereiro 28, 2014
How statists do not think
How Statists Think (Or, Don't): Their Top 20 Traits por Lawrence E. Reed: