terça-feira, março 11, 2014

Government Illegitimacy

What Makes A Government Legitimate?:
Here is the very simple truth of the matter. A government is not a “legitimate” thing. A government exists by nothing other than its ability to violently subjugate the people it intends to subjugate, and its means to kill anyone who threatens said ability. The only reason I cannot write my own constitution, hold my own elections, establish my own presidency, form my own military, gain UN recognition, hire my own well paid lawyers, and do all the other things that a sovereign nation does, is because I lack force of arms to do so. If I tried, I would be mercilessly gunned down by armed men waving American flags. If I had said force of arms, this message would be printed on letterhead reading “From the office of the Emperor of Ancapistan”.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário