1. They spend more time promoting dependency than they do encouraging self-reliance.
2. Lies and deceptions (for example, "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan") don't rankle them because they believe their ends justify almost any means.
3. They think intentions matter far more than actual results.
4. They lump people into groups and assign them fictitious rights.
5. They learn little or nothing from history or economics.
6. They think emotions, slogans and bumper-stickers trump reason and logic.
7. Compassion is their favorite word even as they put a gun to your head.
8. They respect property if it's theirs, but not if it's yours.
9. They'd rather shut you up than engage you in serious debate.
10. Individuals are never among the minorities they say they support.
11. When the first conservative or libertarian faculty member is hired at their university, they think it's a hostile takeover.
12. They think a welfare check is an entitlement, but a paycheck isn't.
13. When their policies flop, they assume no responsibility and demand more of the same.
14. They're always busy reforming you even if their own lives are dysfunctional.
15. They claim to know the future (e.g., which industry to subsidize) while showing no evidence they even understand the past.
16. They dislike business less because they have sound arguments against it and more because they have no idea how to start or run one themselves.
17. They criticize people and companies for not paying more in taxes than they are legally required to, yet never make any "donations" to government themselves beyond their own legal tax liability.
18. They are angry most of the time, have no sense of humor, and can't even tell a joke that's reasonably funny.
19. They've perfected the fine art of the double-standard, exempting their own from the very actions they criticize in others.
20. They appeal to the worst in us by emphasizing racial divisions, pitting class against class, and buying votes with other people's money.
sexta-feira, agosto 08, 2014
How Statists Think
How Statists Think (Or, Don't): Their Top 20 Traits: