.. the proper name for climate alarmism is a cult. And these are the telltale attributes:
1) Climate alarmists pretend to possess indisputable truths about the past, present, and future. From minute details of the paleoclimate to the world state 200 years in the future, alarmists know everything.
2) The alarmist movement stubbornly refuses to debate its dogma, calling it “settled science” and viciously attacking its critics ..
3) The alarmist movement has a formal doctrine-setting body — the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) ..
4) The alarmist movement has its own priest class: taxpayer-funded impostor “climate scientists” who have no independent (of the climate alarmism) scientific achievements ..
5) The climate change cult appears to worship the computer models that its shamans built with their own hands..
6) The alarmists deny, ignore, or distort elementary scientific facts, some of which should be known even to kids:
– Photosynthesis. Plants grow by converting atmospheric CO2 into biomass ..
– Archimedes’ principle. Melting of Arctic ice cannot increase the sea level ..
– Sunspots and the effect of solar activity changes.
7) The alarmists appeal to medieval science errors.
8) The alarmists have created and spread climate mythology, sometimes intentionally modeled on archaic misbeliefs ..
– Incorrect association of CO2 with warming because of the word “greenhouse”—the mother of the global warming scare ..
– Incorrect claim that (allegedly anthropogenic) global warming causes glacier melting or Antarctic ice sheet collapse ...
– Incorrect claim that global warming causes droughts. Droughts are popularly associated with high temperatures but not caused by them..
– False attribution of wildfires, New Orleans’ devastation from Hurricane Katrina, current California water shortages, and various disasters to global warming ..
– Time scale confusion. Processes that take hundreds of years are described as if they happen overnight.
9) Like an established religion, the climate change cult has its own “start of the time”—usually 1880 (sometimes the 1880s), which is allegedly the beginning of instrumental temperature records.
10) Climate change cult has its own eschatology—calamities, catastrophes, and the end of the world caused by global warming.
11) The climate change cult calls its dogma science but fails to make any scientific .. statements.
12) The climate change cult seeks and actually exerts control over governments.
sábado, agosto 29, 2015
Anatomia do culto verde
The ‘Cult’ of Climate Change (née Global Warming) (artigo muito editado, leitura integral recomendada):